Sunday, December 30, 2012

GF1 Love

 
 
Member "red" on mu-43.com posted this awesome collage of images taken with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1.
 
(Click Here) to see the comments and original post on mu-43.com
 
My friend James McKearney just purchased a used GF1 as a back-up to his Olympus OM-D. I still have a GF1, as well. I love the form factor of the GF1, even though it's imperfect in some ways. In order to keep to the clean lines and shape, you must shoot from the LCD. Adding the LVF-1 accessory finder, which I think of as required, significantly changes the outline. But, all in life is compromise.
 
The cool thing is that the LVF-1 works on both the GF1, and the more compact DMC-LX5.
 
I'm looking forward to the announcement of a DMC-GX2, which should have the same basic shape as the GF1, yet also have the latest in sensor technology.
 
In any case, the GF1 is a great little camera, and I need to drag mine out.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Reed -- Your mention of the GF1 here and the body-cap lens in an earlier entry has struck home with me. I plan to let this recently acquired lens be a permanent resident on a new-to-me GF1. With a wrist strap, this should be an excellent tag-along camera. I'll try my best to stick to the LCD display, but carry the accessory electronic viewfinder just in case. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James - it's funny, but my body-cap lens has arrived, and it's now mounted on my GF-1 (without finder). We'll see how it goes!

    Happy New Year to you as well!

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete