Monday, September 30, 2013

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Goes Fishing Again

I have recently found that the very best treatment for my chronic lower back pain is kayaking. I know, it sounds weird to me as well, but there you have it. In fact, my physical therapist has now made a custom exercise for me, replicating the motion of paddling a kayak, and it really works.
 
Of course, permanently switching to Micro 4/3 to lower the weight of my camera would help, too. :)
 
Anyway, I got out in the kayak for a couple of hours today, and casted around with my ultralight spinning reel. Here's what I caught:
White Bass, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Waterproof Camera
White Bass, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Waterproof Camera
 
I had accidentally left the TS5 in one of the custom modes, this one for shooting through glass. I have no idea how it does it, but the effect is a little like a mild polarizer, which darkened up the water surface quite nicely.
 
It's really handy to have a tough, waterproof, compact camera on hand, especially in my kayak.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment