Saturday, September 14, 2013

Skeletons From The Closet - August's Agfa Record III - Buddhist Temple

My SFTC camera for August made a huge impression on me. The Agfa Record III with Solinar is a super capable camera.
 
(Click Here) to read about the camera.
 
Producing big ol' 6x9 negatives, the image quality is spectacular, in my opinion. Here are some shots from a recent trip to my local Buddhist temple, all on Kodak Portra 400 color negative film.
 
Altar Flowers, by Reed A. George
Agfa Record III with 105mm f4.5 Solinar Lens
 
Tree Deck and Altar, by Reed A. George
Agfa Record III with 105mm f4.5 Solinar Lens
 
I wish I had lined up Buddha's face in the reflection on the rail. That would have been difficult but interesting.
 
Bell, by Reed A. George
Agfa Record III with 105mm f4.5 Solinar Lens
 
Smile!, by Reed A. George
Agfa Record III with 105mm f4.5 Solinar Lens
 
This old camera is amazing. I recently found myself looking long and hard at the modern Fujifilm GF670, a folding 6x7 medium format camera. While I was looking, the Record III showed up in my life, thanks to a package from my Mom. With its uncoupled rangefinder built-in, and accessory shoe to hold my Voigtlander CV Meter II, the Record III is very convenient to use; I don't have to carry around a separate meter and/or rangefinder in my pocket. And, unlike the GF670, the Record III doesn't need a battery to operate.
 
So, the Record III is a perfect high quality medium format camera for carrying on travel. In fact, it went with me to Maui recently. The film is off for processing at The Darkroom now, so you'll see those pics soon as well.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment