Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Beautiful Sunset Outing - Fishing and Kayaking With the Lumix DMC-TS5

If you follow my blog, you've probably read that I enjoy using the little Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 when I go kayaking, fishing, diving, or just about anything that threatens to get me and the camera wet. On a Friday evening, I decided to get out for an hour or two for a sunset kayak paddle. Luckily, I have a nice reservoir near home, so it's easy to do on a moment's notice. Even with the shorter days of autumn, I was able to get out after work, and before the sun went down.
 
On this particular day, I decided to fish a little, using my ultralight rod and reel, and a twister-tail jig. I happened to catch a nice smallmouth bass, shown below.
 
 
 
Smallmouth Bass, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5
 
This fish was clearly fattening up for a long winter nap. Only about 1 1/2 pounds, this stocky little fish had quite a full stomach, and was still eating. Lucky for him, the only thing I took was a few extra minutes of his time, to photograph him (her?). Here's my favorite shot:
 
Sunset Catch, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5

Satisfied, I paddled back to where my car was parked before it got dark. Looking back, here's the sunset that followed.
 
Sunset (16:9), by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5
The little TS5 sure does a good job. These images look great at full-size on my screen. I'm sure these would print just fine at 8"x12".
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment