Friday, October 18, 2013

New Pana-Leica Lens! 15mm f1.7 Summilux Aspheric


Pana-Leica 15mm f1.7 Summilux
Image Source: http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/pressrelease/leica_dg_summilux_15/

Well, it seems that Panasonic and Leica's collaboration continues. I'm pleased to hear it.

While I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my newly-ordered Lumix DMC-GX7, Panasonic has just announced the latest addition to the Pana-Leica lens set for Micro 4/3. While 30mm equivalent field of view is a little odd, being neither here nor there between 28mm and 35mm traditional fields of view, I'm sure it's going to be a great lens. It will be a nice addition to my 25mm Summilux and 45mm Macro-Elmarit. A tiny three lens prime kit that covers lots of ground.

As you probably know, I am a Leica nut. I have been focused on shooting my M9 this year, which is appropriate given the investment I made in it. I didn't want to stray from Leica, but my Micro 4/3 lenses have been calling me, albeit with a muffled voice, from inside my equipment drawers. So, I decided to jump back in with the purchase of a DMC-GX7 camera. Now it seems I can really have the best of both worlds - the latest Lumix features and Micro 4/3 size advantage with the highest quality Pana-Leica lenses.

Exciting times in photo equipment!

Now, please, Panasonic. Please ship my GX7!

DMC-365.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment