Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Olympus OM-D and Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 by Candlelight

 
Image Source: http://www.mu-43.com/f57/sofia-candlelight-48627/
 
Last weekend on a trip to Florida, I shot Micro 4/3 again for the first time after a long break. I've let my Leica interests, as well as my Skeletons From The Closet project, consume my photographic opportunities. In Florida, I shot my Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1, essentially for the first time. I'll have a few shots to share, soon. Anyway, I think I will make that camera a priority at some level, too. Too many cameras, too little time.
 
Shooting the GX1 got me thinking about what others are doing with Micro 4/3 these days. I came across this post from nickthetasmaniac on mu-43:
 
(Click Here) to see other shots by nickthetasmaniac on mu-43.com
 
He made these images with the Olympus OM-D and Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 lens. I've never tried a lens faster than f1.2. It seems to me that Micro 4/3 is the right place to do that, as you don't rely on the accuracy of a rangefinder with that extremely shallow depth of field that f0.95 would provide.
 
Hope you find the images as interesting as I did.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment