Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Panasonic Continues to Refine Micro 4/3 with Lumix 20mm f1.7 (II)

 
The New Lumix 20mm f1.7 (II) - Aspheric
Image Source: http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/pressrelease/h_h020a/
 
I have the original Lumix 20mm f1.7 "pancake" lens. Not one of Panasonic's Leica collaborations, the 20mm is an amazing lens none the less. It is fast, sharp, and small. Mounted on my DMC-GX1, it's simply a huge amount of quality and flexibility in an impressively small package.
 
Panasonic has announced a second generation of this lens, this time with aspheric lens elements to further reduce any spherical aberration (of which I've noticed none in my first generation lens). Spherical aberration results from diffraction of light rays at the edge of a lens element differing from that at the center.
 
(Click Here) to read about the new lens.
 
Even though I've always been pleased with my 20mm, I'm sure the new one's even better.
 
Here's a shot I made with my lens:
 
Beginning of Virginia Autumn, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix 20mm f1.7 (I)
iso 200, f8, 1/40 sec.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment