Monday, January 6, 2014

I've Been Thinking About a Trip to New Orleans

My Dad used to live there. I visited a couple of times, and really loved the place. My memory of it tells me that I could spend a lot of time just hanging out, meeting people, and shooting photographs with real feeling.
 
One of my friends, a young musician from here in Virginia, has now relocated to New Orleans as well. He is quite happy there, and seeing him over the holidays for a few minutes made me think of it again.
 
Poster DougVaughn on mu-43 has posted a few images of street artists, the first two taken with an Olympus OM-D and 75mm f1.8 lens.
 
Image Source: http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=57841
 
(Click Here) to see Doug's post on mu-43.com
 
This would need to be a solo trip for me. What draws me to the place is all of the strangers I would meet. I'd want to have little or no schedule, just hang out and experience New Orleans again. Eat good food, listen to good music. Yes, maybe I'll find a way to do that.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment