Saturday, January 25, 2014

More "Dreaming in Monochrom(e)" - Warrenton, Virginia

Today's post includes more images taken with my Leica M4-2 film camera, in my exploration of how much I would use and enjoy a camera dedicated to black and white imaging like the extraordinary Leica Monochrom. I shot these images around Warrenton, Virginia, on a recent weekend walk.
 
For the shot above, I used a yellow filter, which helped to bring out some contrast in the sky and clouds.
 
 
I spent some time in the Warrenton Cemetery, which has a substantial number of Civil War graves, including that of the famous rebel vigilante, John Mosby.
 
 
 
 
So far, I'm enjoying this little project. I have not felt too constrained with black and white film only in this camera. So far, I've only shot Kodak TMax 400, which is incredibly versatile. I may expand to other films in the near future, but I've been able to do a lot with just this one film.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment