Monday, January 20, 2014

The Basics of Photography in a World of Technology

I have recently started testing approaches for a new project. This one will really take me back to the very basics of photography. My test shots so far have been with a 4x5 pinhole camera, and with my Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5. This is slow photography. Real slow. Maybe 1-2 hours per exposure in some cases.
 
I've posted some of Evan Leavitt's photography before. Evan made the image below with an 8x10 portrait camera, on a paper negative. Again, very slow photography. Evan produces some beautiful work, and this one feels along the lines of what I'm pursuing.
 
Image Source: http://evanleavittphotography.wordpress.com/2014/01/10/black-water/
 
(Click Here) to go to Evan's website; there's lots to see.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment