Saturday, January 11, 2014

Nikkor Lenses From The Past

This morning I read a nice post on Bill Fortney's blog, about him finding some pages from a 1970 Nikkor catalog, complete with pricing that he hand wrote after getting quotes from the local camera store.
 
 
Image Source: http://billfortney.com/?p=9521#comment-16639
 
Bill has used many of these older lenses, including AI-equipped manual focus lenses on the digital D700 and D800 bodies with great effect. One of his favorites is the 80-200mm f4.5. I have its cousin, the AIS 80-200 f4, which I recently picked up for $100. That's actually kind of a high price for this lens, but I'm glad I got mine; it's a beautiful example. Here's a shot I made with that lens on the D700:
 
Enthusiastic Young Soccer Fan, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700, AIS 80-200mm f4 Manual Focus Lens
 
Bill also fondly mentions a lens I've never seen or tried - the 25-50mm f4. I'll have to keep my eye open for that one.
 
I'm also still enjoying my pre-AI lenses on the F2 film body. More images from that coming soon.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment